NEW YORK, NY–(Marketwired – December 16, 2015) –
- External IT brings on Greg Collett, a seasoned VP of Information Security, doubling down on its commitment to help financial firms understand and prevent the cyber threats they face
- The hire caps off a year of focus on compliance and security initiatives, including feature upgrades to the External IT platform and an education campaign to highlight security deficiencies typical among financial advisors
External IT, the leading provider of secure cloud solutions to financial services firms including RIAs, breakaways, asset managers and family offices, today announced the recent appointment of Greg Collett as Vice President of Information Security. In this role, Collett will head a team of security professionals, dedicated to ensuring that advisors can have confidence in the security of their sensitive data and help their firms achieve the appropriate level compliance.
Collett joins External IT with over 20 years of experience in technical and management roles including development, systems and database architecture, and information security.
“We live in incredibly dangerous times for financial advisors; cybercriminals are growing increasingly sophisticated and financial services firms make an attractive target for attack. The SEC has made cybersecurity a priority and it is clear why. Cyberattacks can happen anywhere, at any time and financial advisors need a firm that’s laser focused on keeping them secure,” said Greg Collett, Vice President of Information Security, External IT. “External IT recognizes this need and has taken decisive and committed steps to provide these services. I cannot wait to help them raise the bar even further.”
“As we look to stay ahead of determined and resourceful criminals trying to gain access to sensitive client data, we knew that we needed someone who has as deep a passion for security as we do,” said Sam Attias, Managing Director of Financial Services, External IT. “This hire underscores our commitment to the financial industry and to making sure that financial professionals have the tools they need to work smarter and safer. Financial advisors can be confident that their compliance needs can be met, knowing that Greg and the rest of External IT are standing guard with them.”
The hire comes as External IT wraps up a year of focus on data security and compliance that included:
- An upgrade to External IT’s cloud platform which democratized access to user activity to improve users’ IT security and workflow. External IT clients, both at the administrative and user level, are able to easily view user activity that tracks login location, IP address, time, and device for faster and more effective identification of a security breech while giving visibility to patterns to better workflow.
- An upgrade to the External IT platform to set best in class standards for both security and regulatory needs that include web app single sign on, built-in multi factor authentication, as well as upgraded back-end security features.
- Driving education in the financial services space around cybersecurity and regulation through multiple webinars and white papers, including on the most common cybersecurity deficiencies in financial advising.
After developing the first commercial Cloud Desktop, External IT’s founders established the company in 2002 with an idea that was ahead of its time, helping drive the firm to become the industry standard in cloud computing. Whether accessing External IT through a pre-packaged platform or through a professionally customized configuration directly through the firm, advisors can count on security without being limited by hardware, geography or application set, so they can focus on their clients.
To speak with an External IT spokesperson regarding their new hire or their other security and compliance initiatives, contact: email@example.com.
About External IT
External IT is a leading provider of unified cloud computing solutions to Financial Services Clients including RIAs and Broker Dealers. The company’s cloud-based solution is delivered via its unique OS33 Cloud Desktop platform, which provides all of a user’s applications and data simply in one place. The company offers integrated managed services that provide everything from end user helpdesk to data migrations, nationwide on-site assistance, and remote management of clients’ networks. Founded in 2002, External IT has been delivering IT services for nearly 15 years and is a recognized innovator and pioneer in the cloud computing space. For more information, visit www.externalit.com.